The life of an adolescent and their family can be complex to say the least. Our teenage years are a time of transition, exploration and growth that can cause difficulties in many areas of our lives. Today’s teenagers are under a great deal of stress, which is exacerbated by social, technological and family pressures. This stress can lead to difficulties such as withdrawing, acting out, communication breakdown and other concerning behaviours.
We believe it’s crucial to provide teens with the opportunity to take part in their own therapy to help them further develop skills that promote independence, family connection, and guides them in successfully navigating their way to adulthood.
- Friendship and relationship
- Self harm and suicidal thoughts
- Anger management
- School stress
- School refusal
- Divorce and separation
- Technology and social media use
- Trauma and PTSD
- Teenage Pregnancy and Parenthood
- Sexual identity
If you are a parent struggling with teenage children we also offer individualised support for parents or as a family unit. Our psychologist Craig Parker is available to work with parents on issues such as:
- How to respond to your teenagers challenging behaviours and situations.
- How to manage technology and social media use.
- Support to cope with the challenges of parenting your teenage children.
- Strategies to better connect, encourage and protect your teenager.
- How to respond to your child’s’ sexual exploration and development.
- How to support your teenager through the pain of separation and divorce.
If you are unsure if your issue is suitable for our service please contact us. We would be happy to hear from you.
Are you having difficulties with the important people in your life? Counselling can be helpful to explore these issues and find more effective ways of communicating and understanding each other.
Feel free to ask a question, request an appointment or a call back.